Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Man is Free

Somewhere in the folds and corners,
A spring came loose, insanity
Haunting and feeding on avarice
Demises, triumph upon a dead city
How sad, sadder, saddest our desires
Tearing down our own house, we hoot for bonfires
Somewhere in the woods, a body hangs from a tree
Chains and shackles were worse enough, now the man is free
Disgusted, retching, I flee from the scene, only the moon was sane
They say pain is the way of life, and repeat again and again
No Pain No Gain
To accept the horrors, they became a part of it
The ones who strove to put an end turned into its heartbeat
Now I am alone, only left, the breed dies with me as well
I rant, I chant just because I ain't got a chance in order to fail
I might have done nothing, I might have become another of them
I might have sold my soul like others, for power and oh! fame
I didn't get to fail, they didn't get to see
I can now pretend to be as holy as I can pretend to be
And say again and again, as if the absolute truth is just me
Chains and shackles were worse enough, now the man is free

No comments: