Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Story of a Loner

Long, long time ago, before you were born
There lived a loner viewed with contempt and scorn
He was a jolly man once, they say she left him cold
These days he seldom walks out, his house is worn and old
I see him coming out and look far from the porch
During the dead night of winter and during the summer day scorch
I never see him close but I know his eyes were wet
Searching far far away, waiting a long wait that no one else will wait
Wanted to tell him, she wont come, you better go inside
But I never went to his house, never had the chance to confide
Today still I see him, from the dusk to dawn
Existence reduced to insignificance, like a chessboard pawn
Squinting eyes, searching eyes, eyes that want to see
His beloved walking down the street, to be where he wanted her to be
World is not fair, the loner is no wiser, the world mocks him even more
Winters come, summers go; the wounds still remain sore
Maybe some of these days I will go to tell him the truth, knocking in his door
But till then, he stays in his porch, his wounds will still remain sore

3 comments:

flyingwild said...

Today still I see him, from the dusk to dawn
and what about dawn to dusk and the cycle goes on?

slash09 said...

haha dyago I did rhyming misfortunate upside down
why do u care for the one no one cares in the whole goddamn town?

flyingwild said...

you got half of what i wanted to say, the second half was, the old faded story of loner is yours too, so you see him day and night and night and day.
peace out brother